Fundraising can be really rewarding and lots of fun, while raising much needed funds for seriously ill children! Events can be as big or small as you want them to be and it is amazing what can be achieved with a little creativity and lots of enthusiasm! Share a Dream can provide advice on planning your event as well as balloons, posters, donation boxes or stickers. Let these ideas inspire you to fundraise for Share a Dream!
Some popular challenges are:
- Soccer, tennis or golf day challenge
- Sponsored bike ride, swim or fun run
Competitions, raffles and auctions are lots of fun and can raise money too
|Lillian from Clonlara meets Mickey Mouse!|
- Guess the number of jelly beans in a jar competition pay a Euro to enter
- Trivia Table Quiz
- Baby photo guessing competition
- Nintendo/ X Box/ Playstation competition
- Have a party, parties can include ticket entry donations raffles, auctions as well as charging for food and drinks and donating the money to Share a Dream.
- Have a fundraising BBQ or sausage sizzle
- Kids party day (afternoon/morning tea ) e.g. chocolate rice crispy buns, fairy cakes etc with kids party games
- Have a 60s/70s/80s style party – whatever decade you were a child in.
- What you want to be when you grow up fancy dress party
- Host a Fashion Parade and invite your local clothes shops, hairdresser, beautician, florist to model their latest fashions
- Dress up days, organise a dress up for a day for a euro donation.
- Fancy dress day or dress in school uniform day
- Fundraising at special events or occassions.
- Take bucket collections at local events, corporate events, conferences, sporting events
- Having a celebration? Ask guests to donate to Share a Dream Foundation in lieu of gifts – ask for our celebration kit!
Some ideas for your School Fundraisers!
- Raffle off the chance to be principal for the day!
- Host a book, CD or game swap – Euro entry
- Ask kids to get sponsored not to watch TV for a week!
- Hold a “don’t wear your uniform day!” and come dressed as your favourite rock star, movie star for a Euro donation
- Put on a Rock Star concert or talent quest and sell tickets
- Make a giant kite out of coins in the school playground
- Put together a recipe book (with everyone’s favourites) and sell it
- Guess how many jelly beans in the jar – at a Euro per guess (winner gets the jelly beans)
- Ask a local Sports Star for some memorabilia and have a raffle
- Host a bingo or trivia competition – Euro entry
- Have a pyjama party – show a movie in the school hall – sell tickets and popcorn
- Compete with other classes for the best fundraising events
- Have a fun run, walkathon, swimathon – kids can be sponsored per lap
- Have a read-a-thon – kids can be sponsored per book read
- Hold a silly sock day
Tips for Success!
- Give everyone plenty of notice
- Form a reliable team of people to help you
- Don’t forget the most important thing… have lots of fun!
It’s easy to get started:
- Read the Fundraising Guidelines and Application Form
- Send the completed from to Share a Dream Foundation, Unit 8F, Castletroy, Limerick.
- Read our fundraising list for suggestions on the types of activities you could do.